Board logo

標題: Recovering Beckham set to face D.C. United [打印本頁]

作者: ljw1982    時間: 2007-8-15 04:27 PM     標題: Recovering Beckham set to face D.C. United

LOS ANGELES, Aug 14 (Reuters) - David Beckham, who has been hampered by an injured left ankle for the last two months, expects to play a major role for Los Angeles Galaxy in their SuperLiga semi-final against D.C. United on Wednesday.
1 x) \! z9 ?! b9 e! A
: F) g" M$ P) B2 B9 Awww2.tvboxnow.com'I think I can play at least half a game tomorrow, which is important for me,' Beckham, 32, told reporters on Tuesday after taking part in his first training session with the Galaxy at the Home Depot Center.
1 s8 i' R$ |: h4 m1 ~0 T公仔箱論壇
% n4 T$ I' |4 r# ~! y'It's important for the team that I at least get on the pitch and help contribute. It was good to get out on to the field today and have a bit of practice.
" e1 {5 V8 ]0 l+ \, v- B) H4 ^# Ntvb now,tvbnow,bttvbwww2.tvboxnow.com7 l: S; U  O: e& [6 _
'This is my first time, since I arrived, to be out on the training pitch and it felt good.'
. b  @" r2 V* W0 ]
& S/ ~; J2 I! G; Y! M0 J: E! OTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。Beckham said he was still feeling some pain in his Achilles' tendon and under the ankle. 'My ankle's not perfect,' he added. 'It's about 70-80 percent.' 7 Z7 ^% r& `0 ]
公仔箱論壇6 s1 m0 S0 E6 V7 R* f' ^
Galaxy head coach Frank Yallop said: 'David is available to start and play a significant role tomorrow against D.C. United. 公仔箱論壇5 y6 ]* x& ]9 ?5 w! ^
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb1 v0 ?% T3 g6 l6 A& d+ _, ~
'I fully expect to give him his SuperLiga debut at some point in the contest. Tomorrow's game is very important to the club and we have a number of players injured or suspended so to have David available will be a big boost.'  
( L1 A4 r) T# ?* R: mTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。0 f- ~1 H% V; c; M9 @

! m! F( z* _% J9 HTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。Yallop will have to decide whether he prefers to start with Beckham, who is well short of his usual fitness level, or bring his high-profile signing on to the pitch late in the match. ! \4 C: d+ v6 h& x; g- U: v& N

$ I5 f; P: l5 |0 T; YTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。'It's been frustrating for all of us not to have someone like David available,' Yallop added. 'I think David will be the one who knits it all together.'
2 o2 q) W2 ]) V! w
. _: e5 H: A% ~0 m1 SBeckham, one of the world's most marketable sports figures, has made only two fleeting appearances for the Galaxy since joining the Major League Soccer (MLS) club midway through last month.
, o4 U5 J9 Q$ M* P( t2 Rwww2.tvboxnow.comTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。4 ~( _' b! B7 \% P% f$ z
He played for 16 minutes as a late substitute against FA Cup holders Chelsea on July 21 before making his MLS debut on Thursday at D.C. United, playing the final 21 minutes in a 1-0 loss before a capacity crowd of 46,686. 公仔箱論壇, l# j6 W1 q) Y8 h

9 K0 j, g1 ?$ \, S5 \5 P" g/ wTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。Signed from Real Madrid on a $32.5 million five-year deal, Beckham spent most of his first three weeks in Los Angeles receiving ice treatment and massage in the treatment room or working in the gym.
6 g- y6 z  M* o9 Bwww2.tvboxnow.comwww2.tvboxnow.com8 j# U( k0 M- V# N: C' ^
The former England captain twisted his ankle playing for his country against Estonia in a Euro 2008 qualifying match in June.
, }( W. ]+ R' o: I0 p( E$ B6 dTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。8 r' J4 c' ], i  d( Z
He then aggravated it in his final appearance for Real 11 days later when his former team clinched the Spanish league title.
作者: marcus0828    時間: 2007-8-15 05:14 PM

ha...' h( S- H0 X+ G
fully support you !!!!beckham!!

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://www2.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0