Board logo

標題: [旅遊心得] 新西籣留學-中伏了 [打印本頁]

作者: alex00056    時間: 2011-12-29 02:35 AM     標題: 新西籣留學-中伏了

我去nz既時候係form5,果時都成日諗住去到外國會識到好多外國女仔,
完全冇諗過discrimination依個問題.
我係nz既auckland留學,auckland係比較城市化D(有D似hk)
開學果幾日,D外國人都''好似''好nice咁greet
但慢慢發現,點解好似咁難識外國人既係nz.
我再問番D係NZ大既asian,佢地話本地人(kiwi)唔多鐘意international students(especially chinese)
我聽完之後好灰
有時出到街,仲會比外國人鬧fxxking asian,fxxk u blahblahblah,
真係唔係咁好受
同我想像既根本就180度唔同:(
有時我因為依D racists而搞到唔開心,我都會搵我HS
佢同我講過,因為係nz中國人愈來愈多.
搞到D kiwi覺得佢地既土地比人侵佔
某程度上,我覺得佢地有權利唔鐘意中國人
但大家都係人,做咩要用有色眼鏡去睇人呢??
下一年仲要番番去讀yr13...
冇一個好既學習環境,我都唔知點讀落去.

以上都只係個人分享,我覺得南島會比較好D!
作者: nzkalee    時間: 2011-12-29 02:55 AM

南島會比較好D  ???  You did not read any news when you was in NZ !!

South Island are even worse !!

What school did you study in Auckland ?
作者: alex00056    時間: 2011-12-29 12:33 PM

actually,some of my fds r studying in south island..they said the kiwi are much better than in north island
im studying Macleans College in auckland
作者: xzblaze    時間: 2011-12-30 09:51 AM

eh? i've study at macleans b4 n dun seem to have tat problem.....mayb its different now
作者: hk_batman    時間: 2011-12-30 10:42 AM

Although I didn't study in NZ, but I reckon the 1st thing any foreign student should do is to learn and adopt the native culture.  Try to fit in!
作者: alex00056    時間: 2011-12-30 11:28 PM

5# hk_batman yup...its so true:) culture makes ppl apart!
作者: alex00056    時間: 2011-12-30 11:29 PM

4# xzblaze its so diff. now:(
perhaps,there r too many chinese ppl in nz... and it makes kiwi feel annoyed
作者: xzblaze    時間: 2011-12-31 06:22 AM

7# alex00056

bak in my days its about 1:4 ratio of chinese:other in my class/house, mostly frm hk or tw
nt sure if tats still true, is it jst international students nowdays?
作者: alex00056    時間: 2011-12-31 09:54 PM

nah...there r still many kiwi in macleans
i think the ratio keeps the same but there r more n more chinese ppl(not included hk and tw) in macleans
作者: jacklu45    時間: 2012-1-1 07:25 AM

本帖最後由 jacklu45 於 2012-1-1 07:27 AM 編輯

The Chinese famliy in East of Auckland uses to send their children to enrol in the Macleans College as a result the kiwis do not happy with Chinese student. Also,the Chinese students are more smart than the kiwis in school,so the kiwis unhappy about this.
作者: xzblaze    時間: 2012-1-1 11:11 AM

9# alex00056

icic......trying nt to b racist here, but the problem mite b the ppl frm china, mayb, i dunno
作者: alex00056    時間: 2012-1-1 11:24 PM

10# jacklu45 yup..ur rite! u can explain it in  tat way
but actually, most of the international students(mostly chinese) are not as smart as kiwi...so sorri for saying tat
作者: alex00056    時間: 2012-1-1 11:29 PM

11# xzblaze tats wt i think:) im trying to fit in their culture
作者: huit    時間: 2012-1-2 03:52 PM

You guys need to stop "sorry-ing" this and "sorry-ing" that - say it like a man if you have something to say. Who cares if it hurts a few chinamen's feelings, they're thick-skinned anyway (which, ironically, is part of the reason why they're so despised by other cultures).

Yep, it's always the Chinaman ruining it for the rest of us Asians

muhahahahaha
作者: alex00056    時間: 2012-1-3 12:24 AM

14# huit thank you for reminding us;)anyway,we r still chinese...we needa admit this damn fact lol
作者: huit    時間: 2012-1-3 09:41 AM

14# huit thank you for reminding us;)anyway,we r still chinese...we needa admit this damn fact lol
alex00056 發表於 2012-1-3 12:24 AM
Why? Just because you are the same ethnicity as them? You don't even share the same culture and grew up in a completely different environment!

No American would call himself British just because they speak the same language. No Jew would call himself an Israeli just because he's Jewish. Most Taiwanese people would be VERY offended if you associate them with mainland China (as would Chinese Singaporeans/Malaysians). Same idea. China is China - different country, different culture, different dialect, you don't have to be associated with them if you don't want to. Just be who you believe you are.

I'm proud to be able to speak the language and understand the culture (always useful for your career), but doesn't mean I have to be one of them, in fact, I despise China and won't go there unless my work requires me to. Who cares what others think if you know who you are?
作者: alex00056    時間: 2012-1-3 11:12 PM

Why? Just because you are the same ethnicity as them? You don't even share the same culture and grew up in a completely different environment!

No American would call himself British just because th ...
huit 發表於 2012-1-3 09:41 AM
oh yeah...ty so much:) i didnt think of this pt atm
i hv learnt a lot ...nice to chat wif u
作者: xzblaze    時間: 2012-1-4 10:07 AM

No American would call himself British just because th ...
huit 發表於 2012-1-3 09:41 AM
I totally agree with what ur saying, when ppl ask where im from i'll reply Hong Kong, n they'll usually associate it as 'oh, so ur from China', i usually take the time to explain Hong Kong is different to China, simply because I'm not from China.
作者: alanni    時間: 2012-1-4 02:24 PM

不管什麽地方,總有loser的,不要在乎他們就好了。

新西蘭還是好人多。
作者: coolaware    時間: 2012-1-4 05:04 PM

而家真係每處都有大量既國內人.
作者: popoeliz    時間: 2012-1-4 06:14 PM

14# huit This is pathetic.

If you acts like that and thinks like that, what hope do we have to fit and adapt into a different society.

If you cannot respect people that are different from you, how can you expect other people to respect yourself.

You can disagree with some behaviours or some actions that may be typical in a group of people. But blatantly stereotype the whole race of people is outright pathetic.
It is even more pathetic and stupid considering most likely you are also a Chinese.
作者: huit    時間: 2012-1-6 10:26 AM

@Popoeliz:

Err... explain this to me: What does being ethnically Chinese have to do with my aspirations and choosing what culture I'm most aligned with? I don't get to choose my heritage, but tell me what is so "pathetic" about choosing to dissociate myself (with disdain I might add) from a nation of people, a majority of whose values I do not share, just because they speak the same language? Contrary to what mainland China would like you to think, nobody is required to carry any baggage you're supposedly born with.

And, how does the way I think and act affect how YOU fit into a society. My opinion of China is formed from years of working there and with its people and also dealing with your average Chinaman that's part and parcel of living in Sydney. If you find that hard to accept, then it's a good sign you have a mind of your own, as do others (I would hope). So how it has anything to do with you or others fitting in is irrelevant, as for me, I can assure you it's a comfy fit. Has been for years.
作者: popoeliz    時間: 2012-1-6 07:33 PM

22# huit Being a Chinese is your heritage, it has history that you should be proud of (e.g. art, music) and also ashame of (e.g. annexation of Tibet). I think to dis-associate or deny your heritage because you do not want to associate with "stereotypical mainland China born Chinese behaviour" is pathetic.

I think that is pathetic on throwing away such a rich and colourful heritage for nothing. Or more specifically, Chinese has American born chinese, Malayasian born chinese, Australian born chinese, Hongkie..... they are all Chinese, not just mainland China Chinses.

Denying one's heritage just because you are shameful of some "stereotypical mainland china Chinese" behaviour.  What other word can I use to describe such attitude but pathetic, it is your right to do so. I cannot say it is right or wrong on doing so but I know that throwing away something that is very valuable for nothing (just for the sake of inaccurate definition of Chinese). I think pathetic is a good description. I am not trying to pxxx you off. I would get very upset if you say that I am not a Chinese because I am not born in mainland China nor accept communism.

Personally, I don't believe in "stereotypical mainland china Chinese". I have made very good friend with Chinese who is from mainland china. I found they are generous and good nature. Their behaviour is definitely NOT so call "stereotypical mainland china Chinese". I also have neighbour who fit with "stereotypical mainland china chinese". I believe we should judge everyone by their action, not where they come from nor skin colour.
作者: norman.ho    時間: 2012-1-6 08:26 PM

popoeliz, you are being too nice to huit; he is seriously ill, sick in the head.  
And huit, the only words that you uttered that was correct was you couldn't choose your heritage or where you were born.  And you couldn't choose your parents either.  That's just too bad, tough wasn't it.  Given a chance, what nationality would you have chosen?  It wouldn't matter how loud you shout, you are still either Malaysian Chinese, Hongkong Chinese, Taiwan Chinese ... You just wouldn't be able to shake off your "Chinese baggage".   And arriving here 20 odd years earlier does make you any better .   Matter of facts, I've been here much longer than you.  To the eyes of the Aussie/Caucasian, YOU ARE CHINESE (or just another chinaman).  
We are all born different, no one is better or worse than any other.  I've travelled lots more than you too; and I have worked with people of different ethnic background, lots more than you think, and they were great experience to learn of their different culture and attitude.  I treasure those experience and consider that to be part of my life's privilege.  I always respect their culture and I am proud of my Chinese heritage.
huit, you urgently need to see a shrink, you have an incurable condition of inferior complex, the only you can heal yourself is to go jump off the cliff.  Show some respect, and people from China is called Chinese, not chinaman!
作者: popoeliz    時間: 2012-1-7 06:43 AM

24# norman.ho I think we "can" choose our nationality. e.g. you choose to be a Australian citizen (I presume). But our heritage is Chinese, which we cannot choose but at best deny. We can also sometime choose which country we are loyal to. e.g i choose to be loyal to Australian government but not communist China government. Not loyal doesn't means not following their law in their country. (may be, I have offended some law on criticize Chinese government on a lot of their issues/policy).

My kids are Australian born chinese who cannot read nor write chinese (unfortunately), but they are still chinese. Well, their thinking, value, dress code, their friends cannot be more "Australian" (another unfortunately according to me) but they are still chinese. This group of young people also has totally different stereotypical behaviour and thinking pattern.
作者: huit    時間: 2012-1-7 11:13 PM

OK, try this one on:
When somebody asks you where you're from, do you instinctively say Hong Kong or China? And, if the person then says "oh, so you're from China", do you find yourself going at length to explain how it's a different jurisdiction with its own laws and culture. Keep the answer to yourself.

Hey it's not just me, on the current issue (#1139) of Next Magazine there's an article ("
我係香港人,吹咩?") on a recent research on identity - only 16.6% of Hongkies would call themselves "Chinese" - a 12-year low.
I'll wear the Hongkie badge proudly because that is part of what's actually shaped me, but I am not a Chinaman (yes that's what I said, a Chinaman), with next to zero influence from contemporary China, when I left HK, the Brits were running the show. So I don't see how being ethnically Chinese has anything to do with people who now inhabit China, and what they've become.

I don't like to have to repeat what I've said before but will paraphrase just to make it clear, it's perfectly fine to dissociate from a group of people with whom your values are not aligned - the exact same reason why you're not friends with people you don't like, let alone travelling to a place where there's a lot of them (yes I'm sure there's nice ones too, but spare me)

If I find a group of people repulsive, it makes not an iota of difference what language they speak or what culture they come from (I hate Lebs too by the way - try flaming me on that too). Conversely, I'm under no obligation to accept and defend that group of people just because I speak the same language as them or the place I came from is now under the same sovereignty as where those people hail from.

And what's more, I don't remember ever saying I'm "denying" my heritage - or that I'm ashamed of it. Helps if you don't put words in my mouth. And by the way, this group I don't like, they add NOTHING to my heritage, they are just people who happen to live in China today. Just as this group has nothing to do with with other ethnic Chinese people in the rest of the world. HENCE, my analogy before on Yanks vs Brits, Jews vs Israelis - do those people not celebrate their culture and heritage? BUT, at the same time, would they so readily claim each other as one of their own?

You know, the reaction from both of you is eerily similar to the emotional response the religious nutters had when debating with the late (and great) Christopher Hitchens, difference is of course they were vehemently defending their faith whereas you two are questioning my choice of who I associate with and how "pathetic" you think it is, as if I have transgressed some unwritten law about being ethnically Chinese. I won't ever deny my opinion is biased (as opinions often are), but I won't shove it down your throat either with what I believe. As for respect, to be honest, I'm not going to lose sleep over what some dude over the internet thinks about me.
To the eyes of the Aussie/Caucasian, YOU ARE CHINESE (or just another chinaman).  
See, for some reason you all think this is some kind of a trump card "to an Aussie you're a Chinaman - Bang! KO!" I've actually had that discussion before with a Chinaman, and those are almost the exact words he used, and that's something that irks me: why are you so concerned about what other people think you are? Are you not already sure of your identity you have to rely on how others perceive you, because you have no clue who you are? So if a gwai lo thinks I'm a Chinaman, ergo, I'm a Chinaman, because gwai los are superior? I've said this before - "Who cares what others think if you know who you are?"

This whole thing came about because the OP came on to rant about his experiences with racists in NZ, and how the Kiwis think he's China, I'm merely telling him he has a choice. Hey it probably won't change the situation, but at least he knows he doesn't have to be associated with the group that he thinks have put him in his predicament in the first place. Are the Kiwis wrong for being racist? Absolutely. But does that mean he needs to play their game accept what they think? That's what I'm telling him.
huit, you urgently need to see a shrink, you have an incurable condition of inferior complex, the only you can heal yourself is to go jump off the cliff.
So... what'll it be? Cliff or shrink? No point in doing both. Norman, mate, take a chill pill, make up your mind and try again.

Also, if you're going to throw big words around at least make the effort in finding out what they actually mean - an inferiority complex entails an innate sense of inferiority. In my case, I feel neither inferior nor superior. Rightly or wrongly, I don't like a group of people, I choose to dissociate with them, I've never had the feeling I've ever been a part of them nor do I feel obliged to be responsible for their actions. Does that sound clear enough?

Man if I knew you'd get worked up so easily I should have been nicer to you when I rejected you that time when you asked me out to drinks, but that's another story :P
作者: popoeliz    時間: 2012-1-8 07:47 AM

It seems like the discussion becomes a bit honkie centric. Please think about the other chinese, CBC, ABC, Maylaisan born chinese, singaporian.... Disregarding the nationality, and which country they are living in, they are all Chinese.
Hongkie is just one special case out of so many. The logic doesn't work as because you are a hongkie, you are not a chinese.
Please note: there are at least 3-4 chinese government. The nationals from these country are typically quite different stereotypically. (probably the education system and different law and governance). Communist China, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong ( as SAR even it is under communist china). I am sure you can find quite unique difference within these groups.
作者: huit    時間: 2012-1-8 09:13 AM

It seems like the discussion becomes a bit honkie centric. Please think about the other chinese, CBC, ABC, Maylaisan born chinese, singaporian.... Disregarding the nationality, and which country they  ...
popoeliz 發表於 2012-1-8 07:47 AM
Of course this discussion is Hongkie-centric, given that you were questioning ME about MY identity and who *I* choose to associate with. AND I happen to be Hongkie.

I thought I've already made it ABUNDANTLY clear that I acknowledge the fact that I AM ethnically Chinese, but it appears you and Norman have both blurred the line between an ethnic Chinese and a Chinese national by implying they are one and the same, and by extension, an ethnic Chinese from anywhere has no choice but to accept a mainlander as a brethren by default, because they share the same ethnicity, regardless of the environment they grew up in and local culture they have been exposed to (as you have rightly pointed out in your post) being vastly different. That would be irrational.

Yes, there are unique differences within each ethnic Chinese group, just as there are differences between ALL nationalities. If the cultural, mentality and behavioural gap is wide enough between you and a person from another country, you would choose whether to bridge the gap, or to keep your distance. I made my choice to keep my distance from Chinamen on sight (usually with a cringe or a grimace, especially when there's a bunch of them in a shop) - and am now living happily ever after, end of story.

Most of what I just said here, I've already said before. Please digest my last posts thoroughly before making me repeat myself.
作者: huit    時間: 2012-1-8 09:22 AM

Some more food for thought, my Taiwanese mates, all of them 本省人, will have a serious problem with you if you called them 中國人, but they're happy to be called 華裔

Two separate identities. Don't confuse them.
作者: popoeliz    時間: 2012-1-9 06:09 PM

Please note:

if someone say he is a Chinese national, I normally interpret as he may be from Taiwan or Mainland China.

Taiwanese has separatist. They want to establish Taiwan as independent nations, or native native Taiwanese... That is a far more interesting question.
Can a Tibetan feel offended when you call him Chinese? (the answer is obvious) Can some of the minority groups in China nowadays choose to deny themselves as Chinese? (e.g. Manchurian) That one is too hard for me, I cannot give a definite yes or no answer.

華裔 as far as I can understand mean "Chinese born". I think this term is generally used in the 2nd generation of chinese born in a different country.

I think the key point is if you are ethnically Chinese, you are Chinese. No but, no if or may be...
Similarly a statement like "anyone that is not from communist china is not a Chinese" is just as absurd.

Now, how you feel about something is another matter. e.g. you feel offended when you are reference as a Chinese.

A politician may say not keeping political promise is political astuteness, to me it is a lie.
e.g. The Australian Labour prime minister promised that there is no carbon tax before the election but she set up carbon tax after the election to secure a minority government with Green party.
To her it is political astuteness, to me she is a bloody liar, no if no but no may be.
作者: popoeliz    時間: 2012-1-9 06:31 PM

I think Chinaman is used with derogative intonation. It is not acceptable normally for publication or editorial or opinion section of newspaper. You have used this term on "people from mainland china" in a derogative sense. (but not on yourself). This may be offensive to some.

Similarly, Hongkie is used with derogative intonation by Singaporean or Malayasian, especially used in Australia on people from Hong Kong. My only excuse is I have used a derogative term on my group of people. It is my twisted sense of humour, more or less as black people making jokes against black people is on the borderline of acceptable.

You can say that my excuse is pretty lame. If I have offended you on using Hongkie, I would apologize.
作者: GPSNYC    時間: 2012-1-10 12:31 AM

本帖最後由 GPSNYC 於 2012-1-10 12:37 AM 編輯

huit is just another pathetic moron who kept trying to convince himself to something he is truly not.

listen, while it's true that you can't pick your skin color (can't pick who gave you birth), if you're chinese, no matter which god damn nation/country you're in, you are still Chinese. That's just how it is. and if you think by being "American/British/etc" citizens will automatically turn yourself into "American/British/etc" then you are smoking crack out of your ass. Look at that "Chinese" Solider who recently killed himself in Iraq, guess what, I'm sure he "thought" he is an "American" and not "Chinese" cuz he was born in New York, but hey, he got bullied and picked on left and right in the army calling him a "Chink/Chino", and beat the crap out of him every other day. I think he got what he deserves, this is what happens when you think you're something that you never were and never will.

One thing I find funny about "Chinese" people in general is that, they love to deny their own heritage. Look at people all over the country, I live in the US so I'll take Purerto Ricans as example, no matter how many years they've become part of US territories, no matter how many years and how many generations they moved into the actual US, They STILL considered themselves to be "Purerto Ricans" and NOT "American". Same thing goes for Mexicans, Italians,etc. but CHINESE on the other hand, love to call themselves something else, as long as they're "not related to China" they are perfectly happy. but when shit happens like got bitchslapped by some other people. then they realized that they're actually Chinese, but it's often too late. Just look at that poor 19 yr old solider.

Taiwan is part of China and you know that's true. Look back in History and no one ever admit Taiwan as a country. and let's not forget what a big f-king sellouts back in days which the 國民黨 who just kept borrowing money from AMERICA to try to fuxk around in China the whole freaking time. Oh yeah.
作者: kiseki_zelda    時間: 2012-1-10 06:26 PM

本帖最後由 kiseki_zelda 於 2012-1-10 06:29 PM 編輯

Hihi,, damn,, i just type a very long para in chinese,, but my pc "hang gay"....
i just write in english la,, although its not very good..
I livin in Howick, yea, i understand why kiwis dun lyk chinese,, well, i m not saying tht we- HONG KONG-nese are special, but it just da fact tht sometimes wat the chinese did is unacceptable.  well,although i ve alot of chinese frd ... lol  i rmb one time, i went to movie with one of my chinese frd, she was so embarrassing!! she was eatin snack without closin her mouth,, all those "JAP JAP JAP" sounds... omg.. n she use her phone while watchin the movie... lol AND once i was at da supermarket, this chinese guy nxt to me suddenly use a SUPER LOUD voice to answer his phone,, it reali freak me  out.. lol ALSO!!  u know tht FREE swimming pool at howick ae? so many chinese go there everyday, they talk SO LOUD in the sauna room,, (which is suppose to be quiet.) all the kiwis were shocking their head,, thinkin we r reali hopeless....  geez....And I really hate those Rich chinese, (parent's money), they spent ALOT on cars, LV, GUCCI, CASINO... they never have to work one day in their life, but they act like they earn the money, they seems very proud of it... lol .....

ok, anyway,  i mean, if you r livin in a foreign country, wou;dnt it be better to be 低調?  imagine, IF in your own country, all these foreigner speaks their own language next to you and you dun understand wat r they talkin abt,, wouldnt u feel uncomfortable?  (ps: i m not saying ONLY chinese will do such things, just an example.)
作者: huit    時間: 2012-1-10 07:56 PM

popoeliz:
I think the key point is if you are ethnically Chinese, you are Chinese. No but, no if or may be...
Similarly a statement like "anyone that is not from communist china is not a Chinese" is just as absurd.
So are you saying there should be no distinction between ethnicity and nationality, regardless of an individual's personal experience, s/he is require carry any burden and stigma s/he did not create, and therefore what shapes a person's outlook in life the most is not as important as expectations set for him/her by others.

By the same token, are you suggesting that Jane Goldstein of Neutral Bay, 35, fourth-generation Jewish-Australian, athiest, chartered accountant and mother of 2, should feel the same way about Israel's occupation of Palestine, as Moshe Herschlag of Tel Aviv, Israeli Orthodox Jew, 35, engineer and father of 3? Nevermind the circumstances they grew up in, culture they were exposed to, creed, gender, occupation, all because a fundamentalist Islamic terrorist would see them as the same and kill them both, as they are both Jews by the broadest of terms? You tell me what's more absurd.

Or, if a black man from Tennessee is able to trace his ancestry back to modern-day Congo, would he suddenly refer to himself as Congolese-American? Can he be accused of "denying" his heritage all of a sudden? And yet, assimilated into the wider society as they are, do African-Americans not have their own culture evolved from their ancestors, that is very distinct from other ethnicities?

The fact of the matter is, culture is not static as the baggage you have made it out to be, it is constantly changed by the environment a group finds itself in. I've acknowledged time and time again that my heritage IS Chinese, I have never given that up, but you conveniently chose to ignore that, and continued to put me in the same pigeonhole as those that grew up in a drastically different society with vastly different values, with no clear or logical explanation other than saying what amounts to "you just ARE, so shut up" ad nauseum.

BTW 華裔 simply means "of Chinese descendance" regardless of where one is born.
A politician may say not keeping political promise is political astuteness, to me it is a lie.
e.g. The Australian Labour prime minister promised that there is no carbon tax before the election but she set up carbon tax after the election to secure a minority government with Green party.
To her it is political astuteness, to me she is a bloody liar, no if no but no may be.
Gillard blatantly, irrefutably and without any possibility of doubt LIED - there are soundbites, video clips of her making that promise on carbon tax, it was part of her re-election policies written in black and white, and in less than a year, she very openly backflipped. You are correct to call her a liar.
As for me, I don't remember making any pledge, to anybody, at any time of my life, to accept all people of my ethnicity as fraternity, and chose my associations according to my beliefs. So quite simply put, I just didn't live up to YOUR expectations, which frankly I don't give a toss about. Surely you can see the difference?

Now, GPSNYC:
I think he got what he deserves, this is what happens when you think you're something that you never were and never will.
Thank you. That pretty much sums up who the pathetic moron is. Well done, you've saved me a lot of time.

The fact that you willingly took the tragic story of someone who in his own words "wanted to live for myself not others" and blamed the victim for his death at the hands of eight unsophisticated, uneducated thugs in an environment that promotes machismo and bullying, just shows how desperate you were in twisting the facts just to make a point. Anybody who is seen to be an easy target is just as likely to fall victim to bullying whether s/he be Asian or Hispanic, or gay, or physically different and weaker than the rest. If Danny Chen were to blame in any way, it would be his naivete of human cruelty and mob mentality in the military environment, but NOT his sense of identity, given that America was all he knew.

But to shift the blame from the perpetrators of a crime to the victim is truly idiotic, akin to suggesting you deserve to be robbed because you carry money.

And you took one example from the thousands of ethnic-minority American soldiers still serving in Afghanistan and portrayed that as the norm. So, should the US Military be segregated again, or better still, just be white only, since in your book nobody else is American? The other ethnics like yourself can just sit back and enjoy the show because you're not American, you're just there to take what the American society can offer, but your allegiance is still steadfastly with China, simply because you are an ethnic Chinese. Nevermind nobody knows you there.

Essentially you are saying "you are not who you know and believe you are, but rather what others think you are, because they are (i) bigger and more powerful than you, and/or (ii)there's more of them" - that sort of mentality is typically China.
Taiwan is part of China and you know that's true. Look back in History and no one ever admit Taiwan as a country. and let's not forget what a big f-king sellouts back in days which the 國民黨 who just kept borrowing money from AMERICA to try to fuxk around in China the whole freaking time. Oh yeah.
So you want to talk about history?

When the KMT was founded, Taiwan had already been a Japanese colony for more than twenty years. The KMT had sweet fk-all to do with Taiwan until the Commies forced them there in '49, so what has the corruption of the KMT, DURING the period when it ruled China, got to do with ANYTHING? Not following your logic there mate, if there's any.

Taiwan was run as a hardline dictatorship by the KMT until well into the 80s and there had been constant resentment from the public, especially the native Taiwanese, with violent clashes and bloody massacres along the way. So the KMT did not represent the views of the Taiwanese people. If anything, Chiang Kai-shek harboured hopes of reclaiming mainland China, so KMT had always been pro-unification (and evidently, its policies today as a democratically elected government still leans towards appeasing the PRC), so, again, what's your point in bringing up the KMT? Because that's all you know?

Taiwan is not recognised as a country due to diplomatic pressure applied by China since Taiwan's expulsion from the UN in the early 70s, which, again, amounts to bullying as mentioned above. But in all practical sense it is its own country - what is more important: who are YOU to decide the fate of 20 million people given you don't even belong there, it should be up to its citizens whether it wants unification or independence. South Sudan didn't exist as a country this time last year, East Timor wasn't a country 10 years ago, just because a state wasn't an independent nation it should never be one no matter what its people believe? If we were to follow your logic then I guess the Turks should seek to regain sovereignty over the Balkan nations seeing as they were part of the Ottoman Empire about 100 years ago, that's not even as long as as when China lost Taiwan.

What is remarkable is that, despite living in the West, you're all still displaying the a lack of rationality when dealing with subjects that warrant them the most - sovereignty, ethnicity and identity, and opt instead to shout from the top of your lungs "this is absurd/pathetic", "you are a moron" and "that's just how it is" with little logical input. Ironically, these are the traits I associate the most with those I regard as the quintessential "Chinaman"
作者: popoeliz    時間: 2012-1-11 04:41 PM

"So are you saying there should be no distinction between ethnicity and nationality, regardless of an individual's personal experience, s/he is require carry any burden and stigma s/he did not create, and therefore what shapes a person's outlook in life the most is not as important as expectations set for him/her by others. "
I am saying ethnicity as Chinese, does not mean nationality is "Chinese". (note: I think Chinese is safe to use it as ethnicity, but not nationality) Just as ethnicity being Jewish does not automatically being Israelites. I think a long of confusion and offence are related to mixing Chinese means mainland china Chinese exclusively.
I am referring to mixing ethnicity and nationality is pathetic or sad, choose your flavour or wording.
作者: gridiron_16    時間: 2012-4-3 12:28 PM

9# alex00056  

icic......trying nt to b racist here, but the problem mite b the ppl frm china, mayb, i dunno
xzblaze 發表於 2012-1-1 11:11 AM
I agree with this... it is the current generation of people from China that's hurting the country. and i also agree that once you are in a new country you should try to adopt and respect their culture and lifestyle ie dont speak in your own language in front of other people who don't speak your language. it is very dis-respectful.

I moved to NZ since i was 12 and have been here for over 20yrs and i admit there are a few idiots out there who think they are "bigger than sky" but in fact they only do things and say things against you just to make them feel better.... the best way to counter this is just to smile walk away. no point wasting energy against those people. let them know you have better things to do than let them get under your skin.
作者: ac499052    時間: 2012-4-3 02:15 PM

It's normal, happen everywhere, even in China too. I get used to it already
作者: henryhkhk    時間: 2012-4-4 01:23 PM

i also studied in NZ willington  , that place petty good , 5years ago i had been there , that 's not too many chinese  in WT  ,

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://www2.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0