Board logo

標題: Glow-in-the-dark lamps made from dead JELLYFISH [打印本頁]

作者: vandas    時間: 2012-3-13 06:55 AM     標題: Glow-in-the-dark lamps made from dead JELLYFISH

Glow-in-the-dark lamps made from dead JELLYFISH (and don't worry, they died of natural causes)
+ @5 \7 @1 n$ P5 W% X, xwww2.tvboxnow.com公仔箱論壇# q, y7 `! H0 o/ o, [; r
Could this be the best ever use for a deceased jellyfish? A bright spark has found an ingenious use for the corpses of the sea creatures: making them into glow-in-the-dark lamps.
6 ]8 E5 V) b) S4 _) L2 OTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。

( i; j. b( w1 a8 Ltvb now,tvbnow,bttvb  M( o5 ~+ ]. K: o- s3 C5 j
TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。6 G' C0 s& U9 S6 s9 d- N% x
U.S. firm The Amazing Jellyfish (theamazingjellyfish.com) take the bioluminescent bodies of creatures that have died of natural causes and encase them in resin, thus preserving not just their bodies, but also their incredible glow-in-the-dark properties. 7 M3 F, K. |1 r
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb  }# `. E0 e; W& r7 Q6 ~
TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。. _0 C0 a* ]$ D( j  x4 p  V
TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。) p! x% C' s7 ]7 ~) T* j  [0 n
Thanks to the phosphur proteins in their bodies - part of the defence mechanism that they use to frighten predators - jellyfish absorb light naturally, and emit it with an ethereal blueish glow when under darkened conditions.
! L$ X5 [3 f5 swww2.tvboxnow.com
www2.tvboxnow.com0 M0 ~' h1 P- t$ B5 _. J
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb# h( B+ I6 h' T7 s5 t& H* }) `
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb( W! }$ C. S) J1 @/ i0 Q
TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。: k. i7 H) w! b8 P9 E
Bright spark: U.S. firm theamazingjellyfish.com has found a way of encasing deceased jellyfish in resin to preserve not only their bodies but their natural bioluminescence too公仔箱論壇1 }  M7 m) f  H: S

0 z5 S% y, N) {- ATVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。After a jellyfish dies, the firm freeze its body using liquid nitrogen, which they then set in crystalline resin - a special sort of resin that can withstand working at ultra low temperatures - creating a cast of the body, which is set in an ovoid mould shaped like the resulting lamp.
  W5 T  x$ Y1 A- p* R# t3 i" q- f  h( A公仔箱論壇
TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。6 m' n+ I4 P8 o9 k7 B  w+ _( b) v5 E( J
8 W# Y0 _! H/ q6 f

2 `- K2 V/ d( |- W' |公仔箱論壇However, some of the lamps come with a special base that can add an eerie glow to the jellyfish so that the light can be used as a more traditional light too. ' S9 A! Z; q3 |& p6 r3 w! o

7 A/ O( u  M8 O) v0 {: w& Z: v公仔箱論壇
. c% t4 V3 C& @0 H( f+ j0 \

, h) U# |! t: KThe lamps are made with a variety of different jellyfish breeds, from the more common blue or yellow jellyfish, which are made into lamps costing around £20 to £25 ($25 to £29) to the Red Devil Medusa, which sells for around £110 ($169.99), or a 'rare blue green' jellyfish for £115 ($179.99).
- E( u" t& }3 ^8 y" H- b# S# n9 H公仔箱論壇

( ]; g( O% \3 @( C! S6 qTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。
" F, l2 s5 D/ @! [www2.tvboxnow.com

R2 m+ V+ G6 H, v9 }$ I% zFor the squeamish, it is worth pointing out that the transparent resin, crystalline epoxy, is strong and shatterproof, so will not break if dropped.
. r" Z' `! N4 _$ O9 R) z公仔箱論壇: n0 P" d9 u( t
JELLY FISH: THE FACTS  In the wild, jellyfish have a natural life cycle of around six months - they are attacked by a form of bacteria after breeding that kills them. The jellyfish used in the lamps are reared in an aquarium, meaning they have a lifespan three times longer.
4 e5 x: S6 Y& |) @9 a公仔箱論壇

$ z/ X5 @2 `, B5 ~, @公仔箱論壇  
& }% t+ P; {) PTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。

- x2 h# w- a& J' QThey are one of the most abundant creatures in our oceans, and feed upon plankton - which itself is becoming ever more abundant owing to the agricultural industry's reliance on fertilizers.
/ t; N4 I" \1 u1 J$ Etvb now,tvbnow,bttvb
www2.tvboxnow.com' x0 X, T% I$ {' @7 P# J% s3 G. _. y
  www2.tvboxnow.com- O$ W. a0 y7 H- S( _0 m. A8 t
www2.tvboxnow.com; t. V, a3 P. [0 [2 u# R
Their colour is determined by both their food source and their environment. www2.tvboxnow.com! K. K  h2 Q; X( o( O/ D
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb& P+ f- ~3 n( ?; w0 S9 y' o
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb; ?8 }  h6 t  n  S0 p. d
No extra light is needed  - the light the jellyfish emit in a darkened room has been absorbed during the daylight hours.
0 x& R; v" @; i: l/ f$ \: }' |公仔箱論壇5 H' H0 U0 J# i2 L: |7 y* n9 s6 B
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb" q" [; U8 O; d+ q* k4 w2 T) @" d
Amazing: The firm also make glowing jellyfish pendants that can be worn as jewellery
5 P/ x& Y$ B% k9 P6 U4 B1 ?( c+ o, A  _+ a# N4 t3 h
TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。; d$ k! ]+ U. x* M8 p3 t9 m
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb4 }( o* n, N4 _6 l
Jellyfish lamps: The colourful creatures are encased in crystalline epoxy that preserves them while allowing their natural bioluminescence to keep shining8 s* C: C, k# I# V  s. w5 D

6 g/ U: h' h; n0 G3 Stvb now,tvbnow,bttvbwww2.tvboxnow.com( B1 h; x' R1 Y
Incredible: When the lights are off, the jellyfish glow in the dark
作者: hanfeile    時間: 2012-3-13 09:13 PM

作者: 00miharu00    時間: 2012-4-2 01:48 AM

Very interesting!!!
+ p5 O1 c; Y2 M: \TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。Thanks!

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://www2.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0