Board logo

標題: [千奇百怪] 烏幹達男孩患怪病 雙腿異常腫脹似“象腿” [打印本頁]

作者: vandas    時間: 2012-5-19 04:59 AM     標題: 烏幹達男孩患怪病 雙腿異常腫脹似“象腿”

据英国《每日邮报》报道,乌干达一名10岁男孩疑似感染食肉菌而导致双腿严重水肿。男孩身材娇小,但肿胀的腿却异常粗大。一双“象腿”让男孩无法穿进任何裤子,只能穿女生的裙子,为此遭到同龄人的嘲笑。(图文源自环球网)

烏幹達10歲男孩文森特‧奧凱奇的雙腿異常腫脹,宛若“大象腿”,他因此無法行走,只能穿裙子。家人和當地醫生尋求國際醫療援助,希望盡快確診奧凱奇的病情實施治療。

“象腿”

奧凱奇18個月大時,家人發現他腿部異常,顯得有些浮腫,但實在沒有錢帶他去看醫生。年齡增長,小家夥的雙腿腫脹程度越來越嚴重,現階段已經無法走路,絕大部分時間坐臥在輪椅或床上。

“象腿”令奧凱奇無法套上襯衫和褲子,只能穿裙子。英國《每日郵報》15日援引父親蒂托‧歐柏亞的話報道:“他相當不開心,因為只能穿粉色,其他孩子會取笑他。他相當瘦小,可是雙腿挺沉。”

當地醫生不清楚為何出現這種症狀,觀點不一。一些醫生認為,奧凱奇患有先天性淋巴疾病,致使腫脹程度隨時間加劇;也有醫生認為,截肢是最佳辦法。

難診

烏幹達窮困鄉村兒童醫療救助組織EDYAC負責人伊薩克‧奧西雷駕車帶奧凱奇前往首都坎帕拉一家醫院就診,希望醫生判斷是否需要手術。

醫生借助功能性核磁共振成像儀(MRI),診斷奧凱奇罹患先天性淋巴係統缺陷、象皮病和組織畸形,病情復雜。醫生還發現,腿部腫脹已經影響奧凱奇的骨骼,致使臀部髖關節脫位、踝關節斷裂。

活組織切片檢查結果顯示,奧凱奇可能還患有壞死性筋膜炎,即食肉細菌感染。這種病發病急,進展快,破壞力強,可累及全身各個部位,病死率較高。

奧西雷說:“醫生說,正在考慮從奧凱奇大腿部位截肢。我非常擔心這一點,一直以來,我們聽到不同診斷,難以知道哪一種正確。”

求助

奧西雷呼吁國際醫療專家幫助確診奧凱奇的病情並提供醫療支持,以免貽誤病情。

“對于任何幫助,我們都非常感激。這個案例太復雜,在本地難以治療,我們迫切需要外來的醫療建議,”奧西雷說,“我願意付出一切努力來挽救這個男孩,幫助他獲得正常生活的機會。”

父親歐柏亞說:“希望醫生能夠救救我的孩子。我非常感激奧西雷醫生為我們所做的一切。”

他說:“我們需要經濟上的幫助。在窮困鄉村,不少孩子像文森特(‧奧凱奇)一樣罹患罕見疾病,沒有救護設備。我希望能有外國慈善機構幫助我們。”(黃敏)

作者: vandas    時間: 2012-5-19 05:01 AM

'Elephant Boy', 10, fighting for his life after legs swelled up and he contracted flesh-eating infection

A young Ugandan boy is fighting for his life after his legs mysteriously swelled up to 'elephant size' and he contracted a potentially deadly flesh-eating infection.

Vincent Oketch, 10, is bed bound, unable to walk and forced to wear girl's dresses and skirts because he cannot fit into shorts or trousers due to the condition.

Doctors in his village of Peta are now appealing for international help, warning he could soon die if he is left untreated.

Heartbreaking: Vincent Oketch, 10, is bed bound, unable to walk and forced to wear girl's dresses and skirts because he cannot fit into shorts or trousers due to the condition

His father Tito Opoya said: 'It really upsets him because he has to wear pink and the other kids tease him. He is only small, but his legs are really heavy and weigh more than he does.'

Vincent's family first spotted that he had a problem when he was 18-months old, but were too poor to take him to a clinic.

As he grew, so did his swollen legs. But doctors are confused as to exactly why it is happening. Some believe he was born with a lymphatic problem, causing the swelling to grow over time.

But conflicting diagnoses and basic medical facilities have left him facing amputation as local doctors discuss how best to approach the problem.

Ugandan Doctor Isaac Osire has now launched an appeal to help the boy, who he thinks may have contracted the serious fasciitis infection.

He is asking British experts to help with a diagnosis, and possible medical treatment to save the boy's life, and prevent the need for amputation.

Desperate: Doctors in his village of Peta are now appealing for international help, warning he could soon die if he is left untreated

Dr Osire, who runs an organisation called EDYAC, helps children from poor villages access medical treatment. He took Vincent in his car to a hospital in Kampala to see if surgeons there could operate.

Doctors carried out MRI scans and at first believed Vincent was suffering from a complicated mix of a faulty lymphatic system, elephantiasis and tissue deformity.

They also discovered the swelling had affected Vincent's bones, leading to a dislocated hip and broken ankles.

However, they say biopsy results now suggest Vincent may also have necrotising fasciitis, a flesh-eating infection, which could be fatal if untreated.

Dr Osire said: 'The hospital now says it is considering amputation of Vincent's legs at the thigh. I'm very worried about this, because we keep hearing different diagnoses.

'It's difficult to know what is correct. We desperately need a British doctor, or foreign medical expert, who can offer advice about Vincent's case.

'The case is extremely complex and we'd like to find out if there is anything that can be done to save his legs.' A British doctor currently visiting Uganda hopes to be able to see Vincent in the next few weeks to assess his condition.

Dr Osire said: 'We're extremely grateful for any help. We urgently need outside medical advice because the case may be too complicated to be treated locally.

'I want to do whatever I can to save this boy, and give him the chance of a normal life.'

The boy's father Tito added: 'I hope doctors can do something to help my son. I am grateful to Dr Osire for all he has done for us.'

Dr Osire bravely helps children across Uganda, and takes those with the most serious conditions to hospital in his own car.

'We need financial help,' he said. 'There are lots of children like Vincent with rare illnesses and no ambulances available in poor rural villages. I hope we can find a foreign charity who can help us.'

作者: kenpk    時間: 2012-5-19 11:43 AM

對腳腫到咁真係慘,希望有辨法搞掂又唔駛截肢喇!
作者: qqonqq    時間: 2012-5-20 10:13 AM     標題: 烏干達男孩患怪病 下肢粗如象腿(圖)

烏干達一名十歲大的男孩他的雙腿腫脹到與大象的腿一樣粗。

2012年5月15日消息,烏干達一名十歲大的男孩患上了一種稀有的疾病,疾病導致他的雙腿腫脹到與大象的腿一樣粗,醫生猜測男孩天生患有淋巴腺疾病,使得雙腿日益腫脹。他的父母於男孩一歲半的時候第一次發現了問題,但由於貧困沒能及時帶他去看醫生,隨着小男孩Vincent一天天長大,他腫脹的腿也在日益變粗,現在他已經無法行走,只能艱難的爬行。他不得不穿着女孩子的裙子,因為沒有合適的褲子可以穿,烏干達醫生Isaac Osire非常想幫助Vincent,Vincent接下來還有可能遭受一些列名叫筋膜炎的感染。醫生希望英國的專家能夠幫忙治療這種疾病,拯救小男孩的生命。

當地群醫對這罕見頑疾束手無策,正呼籲西方國家救救象腿童。

作者: kiki130909    時間: 2012-5-20 10:22 PM

希望他早日康复。。。。

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://www2.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0