返回列表 回復 發帖

FATHER'S DAY (June 17th)

,  描述: FALLS ON THE3RD SUN OF JUNE AV YR
本帖最後由 kimmi8k 於 2012-7-1 09:40 PM 編輯

Father's Day is a celebration honoring fathers and celebrating fatherhood, paternal bonds, and the influence of fathers in society. Many countries celebrate it on the third Sunday of June but it is also celebrated widely on other days. Father's Day complements Mother's Day, a celebration that honors mothers and motherhood.

Father's Day is a celebration of fathers inaugurated in the early twentieth century to complement Mother's Day in celebrating fatherhood and male parenting.
After the success obtained by Anna Jarvis with the promotion of Mother's Day in the US, some wanted to create a similar holidays for other family members, and Father's Day was the choice most likely to succeed. There were other persons in the US who independently thought of "Father's Day",[1][2] but the credit for the modern holiday is always given to Sonora Dodd.[2]
Father's Day was founded in 1910 by Sonora Smart Dodd, born in Arkansas from Spokane, who was also the driving force behind its establishment.[3] Its first celebration was in Spokane, Washington on June 19, 1910.[3][4] Her father, the Civil War veteran William Jackson Smart, was a single parent who reared his six children in Spokane, Washington.[3] After hearing a sermon about Jarvis' Mother's Day in 1909, she told her pastor that fathers should have a similar holiday honoring them.[3] Although she initially suggested June 5, her father's birthday, the pastors hadn't enough time to prepare their sermons, and the celebration was deferred to the third Sunday of June

KIMMI'S IS UNABLE TO CELEBRATE FATHER'S DAY THIS YEAR COZ DADDY PASSED AWAY MANY YR'S AGO WHEN KIMMI WAS IN THE STATES.
KIMMI'S YOUNGER BROTHER PASSED AWAY IN THE SAME YEAR, TOO, JUST MTH'S APART, AT A VERY YOUNG AGE.

TRUTH IS KIMMI MEET THEM IN HER DREAMS JUZ B/4 THEIR PASSING..BUT WORDS WERE NEVER SPOKEN..... KIMMI FELT STH., BUT DIDN'T KNEW WHAT IT WAS.

IT WAS ALL SO SUDDEN, N TOTAL SHOCK TO KIMMI WHEN MOM TOLD KIMMI ABOUT THE TRAGEDY N THEIR PASSING AWAY.  NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO SAY GOODBYES COZ KIMMI WERE IN THE STATES, N THEY WERE BACK HOME.

KIMMI ONLY FOUND OUT AFTER THE FUNERAL WAS DONE, COZ ALL FAMILY MEMBERS AGREED IT WAS THE BEST THING FOR KIMMI. KIMMI WAS DADDY'S GAL N BRO'S PASSING WAS A TOTAL SHOCK.

WHAT IS FATHER'S DAY 2 U...
KIMMI KINDA OF GOTTEN EMOTIONAL TODAY...
NOT THAT KIMMI NEED COMFORTS NOW...
JUZ HOPING FRIENDS HERE DON'T MISSED WHAT KIMMI LOST...

WISHING ALL FATHERS A HAPPY FATHER'S DAY...

NO MATTER WHERE U R..HOWEVER BZ...HEALTH N LOVED ONES...THEY R U WEALTH N U HEART'S DEAREST.

SINCE KIMMI HAS BEEN MORE SPIRITUAL...N HAS TAKEN AN INTEREST IN THE TEACHINGS OF BUDDHA.
KIMMI WAS NEVER RELIGIOUS, THOUGH A BAPTISTED CATHOLIC..HARDLY SAY HER PRAYERS...NOR DO HER CONFFESSIONS...
BECOZ' OF DADDY N LITTLE BRO...PASSING...KIMMI SUDDENLY REALIZED...WHAT WAS LOST IS NEVER FOUND AGAIN...

PERHAPS JUZ PERHAPS...WE WILL MEET AGAIN IN NEXT LIFE OR IN BUDDHA'S PURE LAND, OR IN HEAVEN, OR JUZ ...IN THE BIG COSMIC WORLD....

IT IS FATE...OR RATHER FAITH...OR PERHAPS KARMA...WE R GATHERED HERE ON THE WEB AS FRIENDS...
LET ME EXPRESSED MY GRATITUDE N APPRECIATION...TO AV1 WHO HAVE BEEN MY FRIENDS, MENTOR, N GUIDANCE.

FATHER'S DAY IS NOT JUZ AV 3RD SUN OF JUNE...BUT RECOGNIZED IT AV DAY..
N DO NOT TAKE LOVED ONES FOR GRANTED.

評分次數

• rrliew

Nobody care the father's day. All people just care about the mother's day
真匿名
Nobody care the father's day. All people just care about the mother's day
chowold2 發表於 2012-6-12 12:46 PM
totally agaree~~!!
NO FATHER'S DAY. FATHER GO TO 賣咸鴨蛋
外星貓E生
I care of my 爹爹,  
let 's celebrate father's day
~ Happy Father's Day ~

附件: 您所在的用戶組無法下載或查看附件
╭♡☆放慢脚步 享受不一样的生活 °♡♥
本帖最後由 wasimasterQ 於 2012-6-16 07:05 AM 編輯

祝大家,父亲节快乐~。。趁还有时间 。。多谢回家看看他们,和他们聊聊天吧~
Wish Everyone Happy Father Day~...have free time....please go back visit them often before they not around~

一首送给父母的歌。

他们其实都了解的...我们都是先学会跌倒,才懂得走路的。

他们曾经教过的.... 跌倒不是伤害,而是过程。

只是,当孩子终于明白了,他们却忘了.... 有时候,放手也是爱的表现啊。
~DingDong-Q~
Happy Fathers Day

得返条鱼尾嘅猫猫
HAPPY FATHER DAY

平壤核子能源研究所
本帖最後由 kimmi8k 於 2012-6-12 12:01 PM 編輯

My appreciation for AV1 response to Father's Day Blog.

If only Daddy were still around, what are the list of things I wld want to do with dad on this special occassion...

Daddy loved good movies, I believed I had bring dad to a movie theatre. We would arrived early, got ourselves some sodas n snacks, get the best available seats in the center roll, by the corner. Watch the movie like good old times.

When a good movie is playing, dad would bring the whole family to the theater. That was when I was in elementary school...   As I was growing older, watching CD's, n online PPS getting in trend and popular....the family tradition of going to the movies gradually fallen oblivion, fallen away n forgotten.

What a shame, I hardly remember when was the last time I had went to a movie with daddy or the family.

Below are some good movies for Father's Day.

No matter what your relationship is with your Father, there is a movie about it. Here is a list of the best Father's Day movies to watch with some good BBQ n Beer at home or Sodas, popcorns, chips, n nuts in a theatre.

Best Father Daughter Movies for Father's Day

Father of the Bride

Mamma Mia! The Movie

What A Girl Wants

My Girl

I Am Sam

Oh Brother Where Art Thou

Donovan's Reef

On Golden Pond

Little Miss Sunshine

Fly Away Home

Look Who's Coming to Dinner

Billboard Dad

My Father the Hero

Daddy Nostalgia

Yentyl

A Time to Kill

Best Father Son Movies for Father's Day

Dad

Like Father, Like Son

Nothing in Common

Ordinary People

Big Fish

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

In His Father's Shoes

Star Wars

A River Runs Through It

The Yearling

There Will Be Blood

Fathers and Sons

This Is My Father

When Did You Last See Your Father

Field of Dreams

October Sky

At Close Range

Father's Day

Liar Liar

A Raisin in the Sun

East of Eden

The Jazz Singer

Best Family Father's Day Movies

My Dad the Rockstar

The Incredibles

Mr. Mom

The Flinstones in Viva Rock Vegas

Ulee's Gold

The Astronaut Farmer

Kung Fu Panda

Free Willy

Ghost Dad

Swiss Family Robinson

National Lampoon's Vacation

Life is Beautiful

Boyz N Da Hood

Best Single Dad Movies for Father's Day

Big Daddy

The Courtship of Eddie's Father

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Three Men and a Baby

A Father's Choice

Overboard

Pursuit of Happyness

To Kill A Mockingbird

Sleepless in Seattle

Paper Moon

Mrs. Doubtfire

Kramer vs. Kramer

Best Stepfather Movies for Father's Day

Father Goose

Red River

Pay It Forward

One Fine Day

Murphy's Romance

Best Dad Ever Movies for Father's Day

The Godfather

Finding Nemo

Shane

Daddy Day Care

The Day After Tomorrow

Best Grandpa Movies for Father's Day

The Princess Bride

Father's Little Dividend

Spiderman

Dreamer

A Walk in the Clouds

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory

It Runs in the Family

to all fathers,
Happy father's day!
The story of a father son and sparrow

That's what dad's r 4

father's day movie card
Happy Father's Day

雖然關心爸爸唔一定要等到父親節才做,但在這個日子給他多一點關心
他必定更開心,尤其現今社會生活忙碌,很難可以全家人一起開開心心度過一天,
就襯父親節作出行動,不要「愛得太遲」。

「愛得太遲」其中一段歌詞:
「錯失太易 愛得太遲我怎想到 她忍不到那日子盲目地發奮
 忙忙忙從來未知幸福會掠過 再也沒法說鍾意
   愛一個字 也需要及時只差一秒 心聲都已變歷史
為何未放肆 見我愛見的相知要抱要吻要怎麼也好不要相信一切有下次」

father n son sharing fun n touching moments...
father n son building together unforgetable memories..
不會聽廣東話沒有字幕喔。。。

After.This.Our.Exile(2006)父子 Part 1  

父子(2006) After.This.Our.Exile Part 2  
本帖最後由 kimmi8k 於 2012-6-14 09:52 PM 編輯

WORLD'S SUPER RICH DADS
Carlos Slim
Net Worth: $69 Billion

Carlos Slim -- a Mexican telecommunications tycoon -- employs most of his six children at his business, according to the Telegraph. During an interview with the Academy of Achievement, a non-profit that gives high-achieving children a chance to interact with their heroes, Slim credited his children with teaching him about love. RANK3

Bill Gates
Net Worth: $61 Billion

Bill Gates told the Wall Street Journal that his three children make fun of him at home by singing Travie McCoy and Bruno Mars's song "Billionaire." The lucky kids of this rich dad won't, however, be banking on his fortune. Gates plans to donate most of his wealth to charity and leave only a tiny portion to his children,  RANK3

Warren Buffett
Net Worth: $44 Billion

The children of billionaire Warren Buffett won't be inheriting much of their father's billions, either. The CEO and chairman of investment company Berkshire Hathaway plans to donate almost all of his net worth to charity. One of his sons, Peter Buffett, told Daily Finance that his father is leaving him and his siblings with values, rather than money. RANK5

Bernard Arnault
Net Worth: $41 Billion
Well-known for his meticulous attention to detail, French business magnate and CEO of LVMH Bernard Arnault wants his five children to continue his legacy and someday run his luxury-brand stores with scrupulous care, the Wall Street RANK8

Net Worth: $2.9 Billion

The American billionaire and television personality said on "Oprah" that he wants his five children to carry on his success and enjoy their lives. Ivanka, Donald Jr. and Eric, the three kids with his first wife, are employed by their dad at the Trump Organization in New York City, according to Oprah.com. RANK7

Net Worth: $25.5 Billion
The two sons of the richest man in Asia not only got the chance to learn a thing or two about making money from their father, famous in all of Asia for his business acumen, but the Ka-shing children have also received a head start in business, courtesy of their dad's riches, according to the Wall Street Journal. The Hong Kong tycoon and chairman of Hutchison Whampoa and Cheung Kong plans to leave his eldest son at the helm of the family's conglomerate; Ka-shing said he will support his younger son with business ventures by giving him cash, WSJ reported last month. RANK2

Will Smith
Net Worth: $188 Million
The three children of Will Smith, one of Hollywood's highest paid actors, have taken after their father through their own successes in the limelight, the Daily Beast reported earlier this year. His son, Jaden, even played the role of Smith's son in the fim The Pursuit of HappynesBestselling writer Terry McMillan's commented on Twitter that the Smiths were "pimping" out their children, but later apologized upon backlash from Smith's Twitter fans, according to the Daily Beast. RANK6

Roman Abramovich
Net Worth: $12.1 Billion
The children of the Russian business tycoon and owner of the Chelsea Football Club get to live the luxury life. His daughter Anna Abramovich reportedly used to travel to school in a helicopter and chauffeur-driven vehicle, but now as a grown-up, she's opted to live in a more modest place compared to her father's many luxury pads -- a $4 million cottage near her mother and sister, according to the Daily Mail.  RANK4

Charles Schwab
Net Worth: $3.5 Billion
The founder of the American brokerage company that bears his name co-authored a book on personal finance with his eldest daughter, Carrie Schwab-Pomerantz, according to Daily Finance. His daughter, who has worked as a financial planner for her dad's company, told Daily Finance that Schwab also made a good investment in her and her siblings, crediting her personal finance guru dad with her own success and happiness.  RANK9

George Lucas
Net Worth: $3.2 Billion
After a troubling relationship with his own dad, which he has chronicled in his movies, George Lucas told USA Today that he retired from directing movies for 20 years to raise his three adopted children. The single father, however, will not leave his billions to his kids. Like Buffett and Gates, he has pledged most of it to charity, according to the Wall Street Journal. RANK1

返回列表