返回列表 回復 發帖

RAFA HAILS DERBY VICTORY

Rafael Benitez saluted the performance of his players after a Fernando Torres brace inspired Liverpool to a 2-0 win over Everton in the 208th Merseyside derby.
The Reds number nine scored on his derby debut at Anfield last seasonand he was the hero again on his first appearance at Goodison Park -but the Reds boss was keen to stress the whole team deserved credit.

"It was a good performance by the team and Fernando was reallygood," said Rafa. "We had a lot of players like Keane, Gerrard and Kuytwho were doing a good job for the team and the defenders, but I preferto talk about the team and how well we did today.

"With these type of games you have to play with passion and alsowith game intelligence, so you need to use your brain and also yourmuscles. We did both things really well.

"I thought we played really well against United and again today.This was a very positive performance and the team was well organisedand we knew what to do.

"Clearly we have players who can change games like Fernando withhis goals and it gives the team confidence and it makes it easier forus to play well and keep the ball. Torres is always a threat fordefenders."

Last season El Nino scored 33 goals in his debut season in Englandand the striker believes he could beat that this campaign. It is a viewthat he shares with his manager.

"I think it's positive he has confidence but I like to see the teamwinning and if he scores 32 goals then I will be pleased," added theboss.

Benitez also had words of encouragement for Robbie Keane who played a major part in both Torres goals.

"Robbie was doing a good job for the team and played his part inboth of our goals," he added. " I think the team did a really good joband each player did their job really well.

"We are level on points with Chelsea at the top of the table and Iam really pleased and I hope we can stay there for a long time. We cantalk about the next game with more confidence. We have confidence andyou can see the team is playing well and has a good balance.

"We are strong in defence and we know we can create in attack sothat is very important. When you are playing well we know we can beatanyone."
返回列表