返回列表 回復 發帖

Torres hopes to bag more derby day goals

Fernando Torres has revealed how he hopes to bag more derby day goals in Liverpool's latest clash with Everton on Monday.  
The Spanish striker scored the decisive goal against David Moyes' side at Anfield last season and struck twice at Goodison Park in September to make sure of the points in the Reds' first derby of this campaign.

Torres admitted that this match will be every bit as tense as other derbies he has played in and, with such a good record against the Blues, he can't wait to come up against Liverpool's old foes once again.

"Derbies are always tense but the last one brings back very good memories for me," said the 24 year old.

"If you can score a goal against Everton in the derby it makes the fans really happy. You can feel the excitement of the fans the day before the game.

"Before the last one against Everton I had people coming up to me telling me 'you have to win, you have to win' and 'you have to score'.

"I had never scored a goal in a derby game before I came to this country, so to get three in two games against Everton and to win both of them is fantastic.

"I hope to play against Everton again this time and I hope to be able to score again."

The Spanish international is also hoping for an extended run in Rafa Benitez's first team after a niggling groin injury restricted him to 10 league appearances this term.

"I didn't do pre-season training properly when I got back from the Euros," said Torres, who returned to Melwood later than the rest of the squad after helping Spain to the European Championships crown last summer.

"I think the season started too soon and it's difficult when you are trying to keep your best physical stamina. Now I want to get 100 per cent fit and not get injured again.

"I feel much better right now and I hope to come back to play in the first team as soon as possible. Then I can forget the injuries and start to play again for Liverpool, who are in a very good position."

王子梗係要晌打吡顯class啦~~加油呀,入三粒啦!
返回列表