返回列表 回復 發帖

Most improved player..., ...2008/09 season

A few contenders for most improved player this season I think.

Dirk Kuyt - Has taken unbelievable stick over the past few seasons.  IMO he has improved this year.  Decent end product in terms of goals and assists, and importantly has improved his ability to retain possession and pick the right pass in the final third.  Work rate remains top class.  I still think we need better quality in his position, but he has convinced me now we should not sell him.  He sweats blood for the shirt and I want him in the squad for the next few seasons.

Fabio Aurelio - I'd written him off, many others had too.  Fact is though he's been excellent this season.  Final ball has improved and finally has found his form in terms of set pieces too.  Definitely our best left back and a million times better than he was last season.

Alvaro Arbeloa - Not everyones cup of tea.  Perhaps gives away too many silly free kicks, but defensively he is sound.  Looks much better with a run at right back than he did filling in all across the back four.  His attacking play has improved immensely - might not be the most creative but makes intelligent runs and supports Kuyt well on the right.

Xabi Alonso - I'll admit I wanted him replaced by Barry last summer.  I felt. as it seems Rafa also did, that we hadn't seen the best of him since his first season here.  What a difference this season though, he has stepped it up a level and fair play to him.  I hope he maintains this form and stays for many seasons.

Yossi Benayoun - Our best player since Christmas??  Possibly after Gerrard and Torres he is.  One player I have to say I have always rated - always looks like he might do something different to open up a defence and now he is doing it more consistently.  Should be in starting XI from now til the end of the season.  Definitely a player I would not be looking to offload in the summer.

My personal opinion is Alonso is most improved this season.  His form has made a big difference to us this season and he has produced in almost all the big games - especially the wins against Chelsea and United earlier in the season when Gerrard was out.  Respect :bowdown
返回列表