返回列表 回復 發帖

[新聞] 紅尾鷹貪吃無法起飛 仰躺在地

吃完飯之後,很多人都喜歡打個小盹休息一下,沒想到這個習慣,並非人類獨有!攝影師史提夫幸(Steve Shinn)日前就在美國加州拍到一個有趣的景象,一隻紅尾鷹因為吃太飽飛不動,竟然就躺在草地上休息了起來。

Must've tasted good: Photographer Steve Shinn said he could feel the bird's pain as he had just eaten a big meal himself when he spotted prone after a meal of a coot near a nature preserve in Long Beach, California

史提夫指出,他看到這隻紅尾鷹吃完一隻白冠雞後,並未立刻飛走,而是搖搖晃晃地走了約15公尺,之後就躺在草地上。

因為擔心紅尾鷹的健康情形,史提夫趕緊和鳥類保護中心聯繫,經過工作人員檢查之後,確定牠只是吃得太撐,並無生命危險;牠也被帶回保護中心,等到其身體狀況恢復後,就可以回歸大自然。

對於這件事,史提夫笑說,他能理解這隻老鷹肚子撐到必須躺著休息的感覺,因為他自己也才剛吃完一頓豐盛大餐。

Fat hawk down: Bird of prey left sprawled on its back after it ate a coot and was unable to take off again

• Juvenile red-tailed hawk rendered immobile after its massive meal
  • He was rescued by a wildlife centre and was better the next day

We all know that feeling - a large lunch leaves us sprawled out on the sofa.

Similarly, this juvenile red-tailed hawk was rendered immobile after scoffing down another bird.

Photographer Steve Shinn managed to snap the stricken bird of prey on its back after a meal of a coot near a nature preserve in Long Beach, California.

Gluttony: This juvenile red-tailed hawk was rendered immobile after scoffing down another bird

'I shot this just after a big holiday meal and think I could feel this bird's pain,' he explained.

'I found this bird in a very unhawklike position looking very distressed. It had attacked a Coot near the stream and chewed away on it for about a half hour before it waddled about 50 feet and fell flat on his keister.

'It seemed to be breathing well so I called some folks who work for South Bay Wildlife Recovery, a wonderful organisation that mainly works with raptors and other animals.

Don't just stand there! Mr Shin called a wildlife recovery organisation to assist the stricken hawk. The next day it seemed better despite its self-defeating greed - and was set to be released back into the wild, he said

'They had one their members on the way in minutes so I opted to not to disturb the bird by getting it upright as being on its back is not a good position as it can interfere with breathing.

'The stuffed critter was collected and taken in for some rest and recovery.

'A day later it was sitting on a perch and seemed none the worse for the gluttonous rampage. They plan to return it to the same area as soon as recovery is complete.'
返回列表