返回列表 回復 發帖

Must have lenses for Nikon D7000

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has recommendations of what lenses are good to have for a Nikon user?
I have the Nikon D7000 and a AF-S 18-70 f/3.5-4.5G (secondhand). I'm looking to expand my collection here
35 1.8G
a simple a good all round choice would be the Tamron 18-270 PZD.  it's light, somewhat affordable, has good range, decent lack of CA(those ugly purple borders when you shoot something against a bright sky).  the only down side is it's an external zoom, so it's not good with the elements(rain, humidity, sand, dust,...), and it's a little slow to get in focus, but once you have something in focus, the tracking speed is not too bad.  it's a must have lens for anyone with a DX-crop DSLR.

with it you can sell off your 18-70, and get at least a 35mm f1.8 for low light or all round fast street photog lens, and anything else, is really up to what you want to shoot.  Sigma 10-20(DX lens) for ultra-wide, or if you intend to move up to FX in a few years, then just stick with buying FX lens, Nikon 16mm fish, 85mm/135mm for portraits, Sigma 150mm f2.8 for macro, etc...  but decent quality FX lenses are quite expensive...  it's all up to what you want to shoot and how serious are you into photography vs what you are willing to spend.  there'll be probably lots of opinions telling you to get all the super expensive lenses.  you don't need them, at least not right now, or not until you know you want to turn photography into a serious hobby.  in that case, i suggest taking a course(not online) with a local master to really get to know what a current digital camera is capable of, and various accessories use.

one thing before considering any other lenses, buy a good quality tripod, preferably one where the ball head and the tripod are separate.  something that when fully extended with your camera attached, won't wiggle much.  if you're not a 40kg girl, then there's no worry about wasting money on carbon fiber.  get a solid aluminum tripod, like Manfrotto 055 series.  you can't go wrong with it.  with a 486rc2 ball head, this setup can easily hold 6kg (~roughly 4kg if on it's side).  you can get an L-bracket if you shoot a lot of portrait oriented shots.
3# moxfactor

Thanks for the tips, I was just looking at some better tripod to exchange the wobbly one I borrowed... took from my brother =)

I guess I will have to plan a trip to the camera store and play around with some of the lenses and see how they are. Don't
think I will move to a FX but who knows what I will be doing a few years down the road =3.
I do know the first lens I want to add is a Macro.

Thanks again.
if you want a good macro lens, then the Sigma 150mm f2.8 or the upcoming 180mm f2.8 are for you.  the Sigma 150mm is one of the highest rated macro lenses for DSLR systems.  with your DX camera, the focal length will be 225mm, with a minimum focus distance of 38cm(0.38m), you can shoot most insect eyes with a lot of clarity and sharpness.  if you can give it a try, and you are competent and have steady hands, the non-OS(optical stabilizer) version is only around $5500HKD brand new.  (the much newer OS version is around $10500, but the glass is not that much better, and usually with macro, slightly more chromatic aberration is not a big deal)

http://www.dcfever.com/shop/product.php?topcat=2&pid=1525
返回列表