返回列表 回復 發帖

Liverpool's newest signing Robbie Keane is a hit with Fernando Torres

"Robbie Keane really wanted to come and I think he is going to bring us an enormous amount – hard work, goals and experience", Torres said. "He'll bring the level of the team up a notch and I'm sure he's going to be very important this season."
Torres is yet to play alongside the Irishman as the pair did not coincide during Wednesday's friendly at Villarreal and he admitted that he does not know if they will play up front together. He hinted that he expects Keane to play in a withdrawn or even right-sided role while the Spaniard plays as a lone striker.
He said: "Keane has great mobility and versatility. He can play on the wing or a bit behind the striker. It's good for the team to have a player who can get in between the opposition's midfield and defence and score goals. He's quick and clever."
"The tactical lay-out of the team and whether or not we are going to play two up front is down to Rafa. When he signed Keane he had a clear idea of where he wanted to play him."
Keane paid tribute to Liverpool captain Steve Gerrard. "I can't wait to play more with Stevie," he said. "He's a world-class player and he's able to spot passes that maybe other players don't see. Against Villarreal he created a chance for me which I should have done a bit better with, but the thing is chances will come along with Stevie.
"He's easy to play with because he's such a good player and I thought we linked up well. Playing with someone like him can only make my job easier. We had a few good moments and, hopefully, that will continue."
Aston Villa were holding firm last night as the protracted transfer saga surrounding Gareth Barry's proposed move to Liverpool showed no fresh signs of being resolved.
Villa set a deadline of Wednesday tea-time for an acceptable bid, believed to be around £18 million, to be made by the Merseyside club
The England international trained with Martin O'Neill's squad as normal yesterday as Villa's stance remained the same, though it is understood that Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is determined to sign the midfielder and negotiations are expected over the weekend.

rafa sign keane because he is verstatile and he is a leader and i agree with torres that keane might not play with torres upfront afterall. but even he not play as a striker he is still very dangerous so we can still expect alot from him~
返回列表