返回列表 回復 發帖

Recovering Beckham set to face D.C. United

LOS ANGELES, Aug 14 (Reuters) - David Beckham, who has been hampered by an injured left ankle for the last two months, expects to play a major role for Los Angeles Galaxy in their SuperLiga semi-final against D.C. United on Wednesday. tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb" |" D% {. l! T% \. r

. |' g: ]9 @5 X: V/ q; e# H'I think I can play at least half a game tomorrow, which is important for me,' Beckham, 32, told reporters on Tuesday after taking part in his first training session with the Galaxy at the Home Depot Center. 公仔箱論壇* k9 Y# v2 h6 j
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb& U8 o3 q  E+ B
'It's important for the team that I at least get on the pitch and help contribute. It was good to get out on to the field today and have a bit of practice. www2.tvboxnow.com" ]7 [" [' i2 y. V4 p! _# A+ T
公仔箱論壇: ?, _' n- N4 v& `
'This is my first time, since I arrived, to be out on the training pitch and it felt good.'
5 M$ X$ n, F& v) X0 W$ h- [7 V公仔箱論壇www2.tvboxnow.com) S( H8 ~- y! d7 n. a
Beckham said he was still feeling some pain in his Achilles' tendon and under the ankle. 'My ankle's not perfect,' he added. 'It's about 70-80 percent.'
: H' P% Y- W' q5 Z% i( I' a
" b( \& ^- {  iwww2.tvboxnow.comGalaxy head coach Frank Yallop said: 'David is available to start and play a significant role tomorrow against D.C. United. www2.tvboxnow.com% n6 S9 n8 n! h: I( e6 p1 `3 M

- d. M( q  l" s, {& F* a6 VTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。'I fully expect to give him his SuperLiga debut at some point in the contest. Tomorrow's game is very important to the club and we have a number of players injured or suspended so to have David available will be a big boost.'  www2.tvboxnow.com3 [' V# U2 M2 K% Y: n3 \  g
; C: J- t8 D9 h" d$ P
  ^  a; \* j  f( v& p
Yallop will have to decide whether he prefers to start with Beckham, who is well short of his usual fitness level, or bring his high-profile signing on to the pitch late in the match. : S5 |/ i2 D; J- w

+ B  q8 u! U8 n7 M# C# V2 Z'It's been frustrating for all of us not to have someone like David available,' Yallop added. 'I think David will be the one who knits it all together.' www2.tvboxnow.com3 t* B: s- Q  i+ y8 Q0 p

! X' p( Y( Q- _* S7 V" {公仔箱論壇Beckham, one of the world's most marketable sports figures, has made only two fleeting appearances for the Galaxy since joining the Major League Soccer (MLS) club midway through last month.
2 M7 {9 {8 r; P& h9 p2 {$ Ptvb now,tvbnow,bttvb
. v6 C: X# @  |% twww2.tvboxnow.comHe played for 16 minutes as a late substitute against FA Cup holders Chelsea on July 21 before making his MLS debut on Thursday at D.C. United, playing the final 21 minutes in a 1-0 loss before a capacity crowd of 46,686.
) K4 X, ^0 A& H; L9 Cwww2.tvboxnow.com
, U& P' D3 X1 N) V& |4 \公仔箱論壇Signed from Real Madrid on a $32.5 million five-year deal, Beckham spent most of his first three weeks in Los Angeles receiving ice treatment and massage in the treatment room or working in the gym. 公仔箱論壇9 E" c, {: s4 ?+ T, j
5 }8 N. g0 R, I
The former England captain twisted his ankle playing for his country against Estonia in a Euro 2008 qualifying match in June. tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb- G6 z$ ~& [$ c& u; P

' L1 e8 J/ }+ M" ?" B' M  ZHe then aggravated it in his final appearance for Real 11 days later when his former team clinched the Spanish league title.
ha...TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。9 {3 ~) _4 ], h* e  `
fully support you !!!!beckham!!
返回列表