返回列表 回復 發帖

Recovering Beckham set to face D.C. United

LOS ANGELES, Aug 14 (Reuters) - David Beckham, who has been hampered by an injured left ankle for the last two months, expects to play a major role for Los Angeles Galaxy in their SuperLiga semi-final against D.C. United on Wednesday. 8 [7 _: m! Z$ \+ S* X( Q! ^2 J; Z

# N% D4 x# O: o: ~3 E8 Qwww2.tvboxnow.com'I think I can play at least half a game tomorrow, which is important for me,' Beckham, 32, told reporters on Tuesday after taking part in his first training session with the Galaxy at the Home Depot Center. . H1 s! d0 Z1 ^3 W

1 o* J( k% I. i9 G$ W1 k2 lTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。'It's important for the team that I at least get on the pitch and help contribute. It was good to get out on to the field today and have a bit of practice.
2 `2 b  E( d! A: Z, D  m公仔箱論壇
1 g% B% C5 P" x' l4 Ywww2.tvboxnow.com'This is my first time, since I arrived, to be out on the training pitch and it felt good.'
6 ^" I- j$ {& _5 \# r& O3 ~
/ O9 U2 u8 Q6 BBeckham said he was still feeling some pain in his Achilles' tendon and under the ankle. 'My ankle's not perfect,' he added. 'It's about 70-80 percent.'
% t+ F0 L5 d9 Uwww2.tvboxnow.com
3 R2 \$ s# B$ D9 uGalaxy head coach Frank Yallop said: 'David is available to start and play a significant role tomorrow against D.C. United. ; @& H7 W7 O6 Y

1 a) B6 A6 V4 K& A/ G/ p4 \'I fully expect to give him his SuperLiga debut at some point in the contest. Tomorrow's game is very important to the club and we have a number of players injured or suspended so to have David available will be a big boost.'  tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb' W+ F; R* l7 C
: k+ _* i( F# D0 m
TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。) H6 ]) N* X' F% w
Yallop will have to decide whether he prefers to start with Beckham, who is well short of his usual fitness level, or bring his high-profile signing on to the pitch late in the match. 8 }. q0 W# w1 X7 v4 u# R

0 F0 u, K! X3 _. d8 DTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。'It's been frustrating for all of us not to have someone like David available,' Yallop added. 'I think David will be the one who knits it all together.'
% J% }! u  A. `6 u9 N+ I* ^' J0 P公仔箱論壇3 {3 A: o1 Z! A
Beckham, one of the world's most marketable sports figures, has made only two fleeting appearances for the Galaxy since joining the Major League Soccer (MLS) club midway through last month. 9 S+ _& C6 o' N# S0 Y4 c

" G4 f1 r8 R7 Ntvb now,tvbnow,bttvbHe played for 16 minutes as a late substitute against FA Cup holders Chelsea on July 21 before making his MLS debut on Thursday at D.C. United, playing the final 21 minutes in a 1-0 loss before a capacity crowd of 46,686.
  @9 o2 S3 k  |% ~TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。
! w( }0 V+ \; `% h; T4 bSigned from Real Madrid on a $32.5 million five-year deal, Beckham spent most of his first three weeks in Los Angeles receiving ice treatment and massage in the treatment room or working in the gym.
5 r4 C1 @9 Z! Z6 c) [) Htvb now,tvbnow,bttvb
# \8 q3 G" f2 `  ewww2.tvboxnow.comThe former England captain twisted his ankle playing for his country against Estonia in a Euro 2008 qualifying match in June.
* Q+ ?$ d, _" ]; u. \( N+ l$ _- [5 k4 W
/ h- j' l5 C3 R2 cTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。He then aggravated it in his final appearance for Real 11 days later when his former team clinched the Spanish league title.
ha...
9 p: E8 P  Q9 ^: e7 pTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。fully support you !!!!beckham!!
返回列表